Zeta Global is a leader in identity resolution capabilities, including omnichannel personalization and lookalike modeling. Reach out to us to learn more.
In an era where each person is projected to own an average of 6.9 connected devices this year, marketers have increasing number of opportunities for reaching and engaging with their customers.
Multiple devices and channels mean that every customer journey is complex and unique; today’s shoppers see an ad on their mobile device, research products on their desktop, visit a physical store to see the product in person, and finally order it on their voice-activated device. With so many touchpoints, devices and channels, how can marketers ensure that they’re having the right conversations with the right customers? Such insights require working with a partner who has mastered identity resolution.
WHAT IS IDENTITY RESOLUTION?
Identity Resolution (IDR) is the act of associating all these digital IDs across the different devices and tying them back to one unique identity. This allows brands to clearly understand consumer activity so the right message is delivered to the right person at the right time.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Let’s start at the beginning.
1. Onboard your data: Data onboarding is the process of getting all of your data tied to directly identifiable offline information associated with a single digital ID, and the key is being able to do this swiftly, easily, and accurately.
2. Clean your data: Once you have all of your data uploaded, it’s vital to “clean it.” Data hygiene is the process of cleaning the attributes tied to these digital IDs; as the saying goes, garbage in, garbage out.
3. Match digital IDs with attributes to other digital IDs: After you’ve eliminated duplicate records and rid yourself of outdated information, it’s time to match the digital ID with this enriched set of attributes to the other digital IDs associated with that consumer, a core component of Identity Resolution.
What Identity Resolution does is create a graph of different IDs, both directly identifiable ones, such as physical address, email, telephone number and non-directly identifiable IDs, such as mobile advertising IDs and cookie IDs.
4. Personalize Consumer Experiences: The activity associated with each ID can now be used to better personalize messaging and measure the effectiveness of your marketing.
5. Lookalike Modeling: Targeting only the identifiable consumers that can be matched to digital IDs is a smaller pool – but using this high fidelity information for better insights to target everyone that are “lookalikes” widens opportunity for marketers to amplify their acquisition campaigns and better engage the right user — all in accordance with privacy-by-design.
The benefits of IDR are crucial to marketers’ success.
It helps eliminate marketing waste. By tying all activity back to one individual instead of 5 different IDs, we are improving the messaging frequency when engaging the same person hence eliminating wasted ad spend.
It enables accurate, consistent messaging. Tying all activity back to one individual allows marketers to get a 360-degree view of their customer – knowing their full purchase history, intent, and interests. Knowledge is power – with the right information at their fingertips, marketers are equipped to personalize messaging that will resonate – at the right time, on the right device and channel, and with the right content.
It helps amplify opportunity to reach a wider audience through lookalikes. It enables marketers to receive better insights to target a wider audience and better engage the right user.
It creates better attribution and reporting. It enables you to create detailed customer profiles that deliver deeper insights and reporting for future campaigns.