This retailer wanted to target consumers in real time based on their web activity and create a cost effective email retargeting campaign. They also wanted to track user web behavior to enhance understanding of implicit user preferences and enrich first party customer/prospect databases. See below how Zeta helped this client reach their goals.
About the Client
This sporting goods retailer offers consumers brand name and private brand technical sporting goods, apparel and footwear in over 150 stores coast to coast. The national big box retailer provides superior customer service in-store and online.
- Target consumers in real time based on web activity
- Create a cost-effective program to retarget consumers
- Track user web behavior to enhance understanding of implicit user preferences and enrich first party customer/prospect databases
- Consumers not sharing email addresses with retailer
- Inability to see clear picture of consumer preferences across channels (email and web)
- Costly and time consuming option of setting up data feeds with an ESP and working internally with IT resources
- Incrementally measure email retargeting efforts
- Customize messaging with historical CRM data
- Create comprehensive, personalized, real-time branded messaging
By partnering with Zeta, the retailer was able to immediately create five different email triggers, as well capture individual web activity for later interest-based segmentation. This streamlined process, developed by Zeta’s account team, eliminated the need to coordinate with multiple agencies, shortening the implementation time. The company launched Sense & Serve on its web site and immediately was able to send abandoned cart, browse, and search campaigns to a much higher percentage of its visitors. Identifying and capturing users via cookies in a unique way, Zeta was able to categorize returning visitors and choose whether or not to send them a retargeting message. Zeta was also able to enrich the customer and prospect database with valuable data for targeting in day-to-day cross channel marketing ads.
Working with Zeta’s retargeting solution, the retailer was able to target consumers in real time and append data based on evolving web behavior – for a fraction of the cost compared to display or Facebook ads or retargeting banners. The Sense & Serve solution also does not inflate based on seasonality like Google and Facebook advertising, enabling the client to budget and plan for the entire year without any surprise fees.
Contact us to see how Zeta helps today’s marketers never miss a growth opportunity.