EEA Recruitment Privacy Notice
Zeta European Economic Area (EEA) Recruitment Privacy Notice
Zeta is committed to your privacy. We have prepared this Privacy Notice to describe to you our practices to handle and protect your personal data in connection with Zeta’s recruiting processes and programs.
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data of job applicants, potential candidates for employment, and our recruiting programs and events who reside in the EEA. It does not apply to our employees, contractors or clients, or other personal data that Zeta collects for other purposes.
As used in this Privacy Notice, “personal data” means information that identifies job applicants and potential candidates for employment with us, either submitted as part of the online application and/or through alternative channels (e.g. via professional recruiting firms). We will process your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice, unless such processing conflicts with the requirements of applicable law, in which case, applicable law will prevail.
By submitting your personal data to us, you acknowledge that:
• You have read and understood this Privacy Notice and agree to the use of your personal data as set out in this notice.
• Your personal data may be transferred and processed worldwide, including to countries that may not be deemed to provide the same level of data protection as your home country, for the purposes and in the manner specified in this Privacy Notice.
• You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
• All of your representations are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related information of an adverse nature. Providing any inaccurate information may make you ineligible for employment.
• This Privacy Notice does not form part of any contract of employment offered to candidates hired by Zeta.
Personal data we collect
The types of personal data that we request from you and the ways that we process it are determined by the requirements of the country in which the position is located, and not the country in which you reside. Should you apply to more than one location or should the role to which you apply be available in more than one country, the types of personal data we request from you and the ways that we process it are determined by the requirements of all the countries in which the position is located.
We usually collect personal data directly from you when you apply for a role with us, such as your name, address, contact information, work and educational history, achievements, and test results. We also may collect personal data about you from third parties, such as your references, prior employers, Zeta employees with whom you have interviewed, and employment background check providers, to the extent this is permitted by applicable law.
Sensitive personal data is a subset of personal data and includes ethnicity, health, trade union membership, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, as well as other categories as allowed by law. We do not seek to obtain and will not collect such data about a candidate unless permitted to do so by applicable laws (e.g. government reporting in the US).
Use of your personal data
We collect and use your personal data for legitimate human resources and business management reasons including:
• identifying and evaluating candidates for potential employment, as well as for future roles that may become available;
• recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring;
• ensuring compliance with legal requirements, including diversity and inclusion requirements and practices;
• conducting criminal history checks as permitted by applicable law;
• protecting our legal rights to the extent authorized or permitted by law; or
• emergency situations where the health or safety of one or more individuals may be endangered.
We may also analyze your personal data or aggregated/pseudonymized data to improve our recruitment and hiring process and augment our ability to attract successful candidates.
We may desire to retain your personal data to consider you for future employment opportunities. If you do not want us to retain your information for such opportunities, please let us know.
Data recipients and international data transfers
Your personal data may be accessed by recruiters and interviewers working in the country where the position for which you are applying is based, as well as by recruiters and interviewers working in different countries within the Zeta global organization. Individuals performing administrative functions and IT personnel within Zeta may also have a limited access to your personal data in order to perform their jobs. We have put in place legal mechanisms designed to ensure adequate data protection of your personal data that is processed by Zeta subsidiaries and affiliates within the Zeta global organization, including the transfer of your personal data to countries other than the one in which you reside.
If you accept an offer of employment by us, any relevant personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your personnel records and will be retained in accordance with specific country requirements. If we do not employ you, we may nevertheless continue to retain and use your personal data for a period of time (which may vary depending on the country) for system administration purposes, to consider you for potential future roles, and to perform research. If you elect to join a recruiting program, we may retain your personal data to consider you for future employment opportunities.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technical and operational security to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized personnel of Zeta and of our third party service providers are provided access to personal data, and these employees and third party service providers are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personal data.
We use third party service providers to provide a recruiting software system. We also share your personal data with other third party service providers that may assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing, and improving our recruiting practices.
We maintain processes designed to ensure that any processing of personal data by third party service providers is consistent with this Privacy Notice and protects the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of your personal data. Where required by law, we put in place legal mechanisms designed to ensure adequate data protection of your personal data.
In addition, in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, or other transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business, we may disclose or transfer your personal data.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact [email protected] in writing.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at