Zeta Global Corp., 3 Park Avenue, 33rd fl. New York, NY 10016 (“Zeta“) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during recruitment activity, in accordance with relevant data protection legislation.
Zeta is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required by law to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to individuals (referred to as “data subjects” in data protection legislation) who interact with us as a result of any recruitment activity. This notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this notice at any time.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
- Data protection principles
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- Collected only for legitimate purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Adequate for and relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to what is necessary for those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Processed in an appropriately secure manner.
- The kind of information we hold about you
- How is your personal information collected?
- How we will use information about you
- Where we need to in order to consider your CV or application and throughout your participation in any recruitment process with Zeta. Unless you indicate otherwise, you consent to us retaining your information for up to two (2) years following an application to consider you for other opportunities.
- If you wish to increase your chances of future employment you may provide the consent with data processing for 2 years for the purpose of keeping your records and sending you similar job offers.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
- Where it is necessary in the public interest.
- How we use particularly sensitive personal information
- Information about criminal records
- Automated decision-making
- Data sharing
- Data security
- Data retention
- Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Data protection law says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, store, and use the categories of personal information about you set out in the table in Appendix A.
We typically collect personal information about potential candidates through the application and recruitment process, either directly from candidates or sometimes from an employment agency. We may sometimes collect additional information from third parties including former employers, personal connections, credit reference agencies or other background check agencies.
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to, which will normally be:
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
Situations in which we will use your personal information
We need all the categories of information listed in the table in Appendix A primarily to allow us to consider your CV or application and to enable your participation in any recruitment process or to enable us to comply with legal obligations. In some cases, we may use your personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties, provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. The situations in which we will process your personal information are also listed in the table in Appendix A. Some of the grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal information.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so, which may involve us seeking your consent to such use of your personal information.
We do not intentionally collect sensitive personal information in our recruitment process. Where Zeta does receive sensitive personal information, it will be treated in compliance with the applicable regulations.
Background screening may be a condition for obtaining employment with Zeta Global. A background investigation will only be performed if the job applicant provides their necessary consent.
We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means.
We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers and other entities in the group. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We may transfer your personal information outside the EEA. If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information as you would receive for transfers within the EEA.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Which third-party service providers process my personal information?
“Third parties” include third-party service providers (including contractors and designated agents) and other companies within our group. The following third-party service providers may process personal information about you for the following purposes:
– Background Checks
How secure is my information with third-party service providers and other companies in our group?
All our third-party service providers and other companies in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions. When might you share my personal information with other companies in the group? We will share your personal information with other companies in our group as part of our recruitment based reporting activities.
What about other third parties?
We may need to share your personal information with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
Transferring information outside the EU
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to the United States to share them with (i) Zeta Global, Corp., if applicable and appropriate, in the context of the role you have applied for or (ii) to third party service providers who are based in the United States or elsewhere.
To ensure that your personal information do receive an adequate level of protection we have put in place the following appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information are treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with and which respects the EU and also Czech laws on data protection.
Information transferred about you to Zeta Global Corp. in the United States is the subject of an EU approved form model clause agreement.
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your information, whether it is physically held or virtually held by Zeta. These measures include use of username and password security (both internally and externally where information is held by third party providers) and secured servers with limited access control to persons with appropriate clearance.
Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. That usually means that if you do not join us as an employee, we will keep your data for retention period of a maximum of 2 years.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you. If you do not become an employee, worker or contractor of the company we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you during any recruitment process is accurate and up to date. Please let us know straight away if your personal information changes the recruitment process.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to exercise any of the rights described above, please inform the HR team in writing.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee exercise any of the rights described above. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive or we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to exercise any of the rights described above. This is an appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to anyone who does not have the right to receive it.
There are limited circumstance where you may provide your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, however you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please inform our HR team. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice if we make any substantial updates whilst you are engaged in any recruitment process with us. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
Address: 3 Park Avenue, 33rd fl. New York, NY 10016
Candidate led information on CV and job application may include:
- identification and contact information of the candidate;
- information on current job of the candidate;
- information on career history of the candidate;
- referee details.
Purposes of processing include the following:
- selection procedure administration;
- negotiation on the conclusion of employment agreement;
- registration of the candidate and offering similar job opportunities in the future.